Our kindergarten curriculum adopts a thematic approach to teaching and the golden standards of the renown Alpha Plus Group curriculum, that is designed for early years development in preparation for future learning.
Here are some key features of our kindergarten curriculum:
- A thematic teaching approach
- Spiral curriculum design, from shallow to deep, from simple to complex, from concrete to abstract, to match the learning interests, abilities and needs of young children
- Our English curriculum merges with Alpha Plus Group’s (a leading Educational Institution in the UK) early childhood education curriculum. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum is organised into seven areas of learning and development:
- Personal, social and emotional development
- Communication and language
- Physical development
- Mathematical development
- Literacy development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and design
- A 30-minute daily Putonghua session develops children’s abilities in speaking and listening through stories, rhymes, songs and roleplay.
- Jolly phonics is taught with stories, rhymes, and songs to develop children’s abilities in spelling and to stimulate interest in reading.
- Chinese and English Reading Schemes are used to encourage good reading habits.