The Education Bureau (EDB) has now issued guidance on the resumption of face-to-face classes. The priority will always be the health and safety of students, parents and staff members. We have cleaned and thoroughly disinfected the school premises, furniture, toys, etc. to ensure we have a clean and safe environment.
To resume face-to-face classes, we must have several anti-pandemic measures in place, including a requirement from the EDB for all students and staff to take a Rapid Antigen Test (“RAT”) each morning before attending school. Daily RATs will help to maintain a safe learning environment for all students and will help to facilitate the continuation of face-to-face learning. RATs should be conducted in the morning and only those with a negative result are allowed to attend school for work/lessons. Students who test positive should stay at home and seek medical attention as necessary, and inform the school of the positive test result as soon as possible. Please assist your child when they are taking the test.
Social Distancing Strategies
- David Exodus has implemented many safety measures for families, children and teachers to follow.
- Our Senior Management team and staff have worked in collaboration to determine a set of strategies appropriate for our setting.
- Parents/caregivers should drop children off outside the main school gate. When picking up, children will leave via the back door, and we ask parents to queue up and wait in the designated area.
- We will check each child’s temperature upon arrival.
- Hygiene stations will be set up at the entrance and in all classrooms.
- On arrival students will be required to sanitise hands under the guidance and a sanitising shoe mat has been placed at the entrance.
- Students will be required to wear a mask at ALL times.
- Snacks will be provided. A partition will be placed on each table and only 2 children will sit at each table. A new mask will be used after every snack time.
- We will fully utilise the classroom space to allow a proper physical distance between students as far as practicable and to avoid a close face-to-face setting.
- School premises, furniture, toys, etc will be cleaned and disinfected every day to ensure cleanliness and hygiene.
We are very excited to see their little faces again.